Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cottage Update 08-17-11



 I love being able to keep a journal of the building of my home online.  

Everyone is able to keep up-to-date with the stages of construction.  

I took these pictures 3 days ago.  

The tile work was being done and a first coat of paint had been sprayed.

The foyer tile is down.  

There isn't any grout at this point.





Isn't is beautiful?


The doors to my husband's study are so pretty.  

Once the plastic is removed, 

you will be able to see the beautiful glass in the doors.  

Also, the paint color is revealed here!!  

I love it.


Next, I wanted to get the feel of actually walking into our home from the foyer to the family room.




I can imagine the wood floors and beautiful drapes already!!


Next, the powder room tile is down.  

I actually intended to have the foyer tile installed here, 

however I forgot to have it changed out.   The tile looks like swirls 

of sand.  This might be my turquoise room!!!






The Master Bath tile is partially done.  

It will be the same tile and border tile as the foyer.  

We had chosen very dark colors at first and I just could not go 

with that!!





Last, I must show a picture of the front of the house.

I am in awe each time I look at this picture.  

All of the windows will have shutters on them.

 The dormer windows will have shutters after we close if the 

Homeowner's Association will allow it.



Next Saturday, 3 days from now, the cabinets will be installed.  

My white cabinets.  

 I have been looking forward to white cabinets in my kitchen 

for 30 years.  

That is it for this week's update.  Have a good week!!!












7 comments:

  1. Everything is looking BEAUTIFUL, Jan! Your selections are gorgeous and I can't wait to see the rest. So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Jill! I cannot believe I finally get to see those white cabinets. You, of all people, know how much I wanted them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, can't wait to see those white cabinets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan,

    We love the look of your new place. Glad you're enjoying the building process so much. Your enthusiasm is making a lot of hard work into a lot of fun. See you soon.

    Mary Ann & Joe

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Joe Peterka
    Hey, you two!! Thank you so much. I wake up thinking about this house and stay up late looking at decorating ideas.

    There is a lot to do, for certain. It's really difficult to get rid of things to downsize, but I want a totally uncluttered house. We will see if I can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it fun watching the progress of your build? Everything looks beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing that new white kitchen-30 years is a long time, patient lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle

    Yes, I am really enjoying this. My mom always loved white cabinets, too. I remember when she painted her cabinets white. I thought she was really brave to do that without asking Dad first. Dad, like my husband, is a strict stain on wood only guy :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments on my blog. It proves I am not talking to myself LOL