Saturday, September 10, 2011

All done except for touchups - Update on my Cottage

As you can see from my blog's header, the landscape is in.  Closing is only 10 days away now.


Only touch-up and a few minor things need to be done.


Here we go:

The landscaping is in.  I finally have a magnolia tree...on the left.  We still get two oak trees.



The front door hardware is just beautiful.

The front door is so pretty.  I have had several comments already from neighbors and even our builder thought it was so pretty.
Carpet is in all over the house.  Everywhere you see carpet, hardwood flooring will be installed!!




The is a major chip right here at the column...between the carpet and the tile.  Also, the floor was not floated, so the foyer tile is not even.  I wish we had paid extra for floating and I was warned about this.



















I am very upset about the tile work done on the little wall here.  Also, the tile around the tub.  Last, I didn't even think about a top border for the tile.  It looks unfinished.  That will change as soon as possible.

























9 comments:

  1. Hi!

    This is my very first time here and I'm really enjoying your blog! It's beautiful and your cottage is really nice! I'm sorry to hear you don't like the tiles but you know... you always will deal with little things like this. I hope it turns out the way you want!

    Have a great day!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, saw your comment on my last blog post. Are you aware your email isn't activated in your profile? Anyway, let me know if you need help with the comment box thing!

    Donna
    Funky Junk
    signmakergirl@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luciane: Thank you so much for visiting. That is so true...most of the things I really didn't like have been fixed.

    Donna: Thank you so much for your post on your blog and helping me with mine. That post is a keeper in my notes. All kinds of stuff to get a blog the way you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jan. How very exciting to be so close to moving into your new cottage! She is looking so beautiful.

    It amazes me how quickly a lawn can be laid in Texas! When I lived there, I was amazed at the equipment used to create a lawn that looks like it has been there for awhile when in reality it's just been a few days.
    The mature trees that could be put into place was something else. Can you tell I'm a heck? Grins. Texas helped grow me up.

    The front door is gorgeous. Really like the decorative glass it has. Lovely.

    The floor plan is neat with the Formal Parlor on one side of the Foyer and a Formal Dining room on the other with a oversized Family/Great Room with Kitchen and Eating area near by. Neat floor plan.

    Love it!
    The decorative Foyer floor has a neat pattern to it.

    God bless and looking forward to seeing your furniture placed inside.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Deanna. It's good to see you here. Thank you so much. Closing a week from today. Hopefully, hard wood installed a week from tomorrow...fingers crossed. Hugs, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Won't be long now, Jan. By the way, we found Larry even though he was hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Joe Peterka

    Poor Larry...everywhere he went was where I was taking a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be getting so excited. I'm completely smitten with the area behind the stove, love that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle

    Karen, thank you so much!! I can't help but look at my kitchen as often as I can. It really will seem strange to live in the house I have dreamed of having for so long.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments on my blog. It proves I am not talking to myself LOL